Squash SA is currently advertising:
- Student Mentor - Volunteer casual position
- Program Coordinator
- Board Director - Volunteer casual position
- Pennant Committee - Volunteer casual position
Scroll down to read more about each position
Squash SA is looking for enthusiastic squash people with time on their hands to become mentors for one of our new programs.
The pilot program will endeavour to match high school students who are struggling with their home, school or social lives with a mentor at selected squash centres. The students will receive 2 weeks basic squash training, then be placed in an 8 week competition against similar students from nearby schools. Mentors will help coach the students as well as hold informal group discussions for the students to talk about any struggles or issues they may have.
The pilot is based on the very successful “Squash Smarts” program from inner city Philadelphia where disadvantaged and underprivileged students play squash as part of a tutoring program. Squash SA aims to provide a positive, relaxed sport environment around supportive friendly peers and seniors, to expose students to a club atmosphere that they will want to continue.
Mentors will be required to undergo Mentor Training through the Office for Rec and Sport and a Criminal History Assessment (costs will be covered by Squash SA). A small honorarium to cover some travel expenses is also available.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8276 4054 with any questions or to register your interest.
Are you looking for a flexible working environment in the sport and recreation industry?
Squash SA is seeking expressions of interest from persons keen to build a business within one of the modern state of the art multi-purpose facilities – squash, fitness, aquatics and sports stadiums to manage and deliver squash and racquetball services.
We are looking for a self motivated person who can create and deliver innovative squash and racquetball programs to grow participation and membership. Some of the venues have established programs and club activities.
A unique revenue share model and flexible working hours can be negotiated to suit your lifestyle. Extra opportunities may exist within particular Recreation Centres to increase your income by racquet restringing or working for the centre in addition to Squash SA.
Squash SA will provide a level of financial and resource support.
Metropolitan and country locations.
For more information, please contact James Rogers email@example.com.
Board Director Casual Vacancy – Board Appointed Position
The Squash Rackets Association of South Australia (SRASA), trading as Squash SA and The Southern, is seeking interested and qualified parties to join our voluntary Board of Directors. Squash SA is the governing body for the sports of squash and racquetball in South Australia, and The Southern is a licensed venue owned and operated by the Association primarily to provide vital funding to promote and develop the sports.
Our Board of Directors are a passionate group of people committed to their governance role to lead the Association through challenges, growth, and change on behalf of the members. As the governing body of the organisation, the Board’s responsibility includes strategic planning, financial oversight, compliance, and risk management. In broad terms the Board are responsible to:
- provide governance to SRASA
- be a positive ambassador for SRASA in the community
- be accountable to SRASA members and the community
- bring expertise and relationships that will benefit SRASA at a state and local level
The commitment of a Board Director, while voluntary, consists of:
- Bi-monthly Board meetings (generally held on a Monday evening)
- Leadership of a champion project undertaken with staff
- Representation on The Southern Bar Gaming Bistro Advisory Committee
- Representation of SRASA at particular events and functions
- Strategic planning days and/or Board workshops that may arise
- SRASA Annual General Meeting (held in September)
This is a fantastic professional development opportunity for someone with experience in either the sport and recreation industry or hospitality. Proven knowledge and understanding of commercial operations and member based organisations will be highly regarded.
If you have good communication skills, can analyse information critically, can think creatively and strategically, and enjoy being part of a team that has a positive community impact, please send your expression of interest, including a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennant Committee Member
The Pennant Committee is urgently seeking members. The key responsibilities of this Committee are:
- Research and review the administration of pennant competitions interstate and overseas and make recommendations to the Squash and Racquetball Committee on alternative methods of conducting pennant competitions
- Make recommendations to the Squash and Racquetball Committee regarding alteration/change to the Squash SA Pennant By Laws
- Administer Squash SA Pennant Competition including:
- Application of Squash SA Pennant bylaws
- Management and overseeing of Player Rankings/Ratings
- Grading of Pennant Teams
- conduct tribunal hearings, dispute resolution and disciplinary meetings as required in accordance with Squash SA policy (rare)
Expressions of interest can be forwarded to email@example.com