24/7 Squash @Tonsley
24/7 Squash @ Tonsley is the first permanent, all glass squash court with 24/7 public access in the world, and it is located right here in Adelaide within the Tonsley Innovation District.
Why the Tonsley Innovation District?
The Tonsley Innovation District is an economic development project where sustainability, innovation, and technology are key. Situated on the former Mitsubishi site, Tonsley is also home to Flinders University and TAFE SA, as well as other industry, business and retail organisations. The district is located opposite Squash SAs Licenced Club – The Southern Bar and Bistro, making it the ideal place to introduce new technology and gain greater exposure.
What to expect from 24/7 Squash @ Tonsley?
Squash SA believe accessibility, innovation, and new programs can help organised sports continue to meet the expectations of today’s population.
24/7 Squash @ Tonsley will:
- provide the tenants at Tonsley with more active options
- showcase the sport to the public with modern facilities
- provide an all glass 'pro' experience for players
- introduce an online booking and registration management system
- allow people to play anytime of the day or night with secure code entry
- allow people to stream music over the court's sound system
How to find us?
The court is located at Tenancy D23, 6 MAB Eastern Promenade at Tonsley.
For the uninitiated, MAB is the the former 'Main Assembly Building' of Mitsubishi. Easiest access is via Gate 3 if entering the Tonsley precinct from the South Rd entrance, or Gate 6 if coming from the Alawoona Ave entrance.
If you don't have your own equipment, there are racquets and balls stored in a toolbox locker alongside the court. Please respect these items and return at the end of your session. Toilet and change room access is at the public facilities nearby. An access card will be available in the toolbox for after hours use. Users are responsible for this card - lost or damaged cards will be charged to the booking holder.
New balls and equipment can be purchased from The Southern Bar, Gaming, Bistro (directly opposite the Tonsley Innovation District on South Road).
How to Book
- Click on the 24/7 Squash @ Tonsley logo in the top right corner of our website
- If it is your first time you will be prompted to register via the Sporty HQ system, otherwise log in
- Select the day you want, then select a session time
- Enter your info and pay for your session
- You will be sent an automatic email with a unique entry code.
- Use your code to enter the court by entering it into the keypad near the door
- Once your session ends the door will once again lock, if you remain inside the court you will need to press the exit button located on the tin. If you would like to be locked in for security reasons you can press the exit button at any time to lock the door.
Click here to watch a short video explaining the above procedure.
When booking a session, please note that the first session of the day starts at 12.15am - be sure to scroll through to the afternoon/evening if you are after a 'pm' session.
Racquets and balls will be available in the toolbox locker next to the court to use for free, or new balls and equipment can be purchased from The Southern Bar, Gaming, Bistro (directly opposite the Tonsley Innovation District on South Road).
How to Play
Basic rules and play instructions are located on the court when you arrive. Click here if you would like to know more now.
Thanks to the glass court sponsors:
Interested in adding your business to the list? Check out the 24/7 Sponsorship Proposal